Where History meets IT
The European "CrossCult": Empowering reuse of digital cultural heritage in context-aware crosscuts of European history" project aims to spur a change in the way European citizens appraise History.
It will foster the re-interpretation of what citizens may have learnt in the light of cross-border interconnections among pieces of cultural heritage, other citizens' viewpoints and physical venues.
It seeks to increase retention, stimulate reflection and help citizens appreciate their common past and present in a more holistic manner.
Technology and mobile apps will be used and a user-friendly and a cost-efficient tool for experience designers, museum experts and external stakeholders, will be developed.
> Want to know more? Discover an exciting project!
Join our Living Lab
- Tourists and museum audience
- Developers and experimenters
- Financial and governmental authorities
- Software and ICT solution editors of the cultural sector
We need your contribution, your experience and your feedback to carry out our project!
Interested in joining us? Contact us!
Facts and numbers
- A 3 year round project starting in March 2016
- 11 contractual partners coming from Luxembourg, Spain, Greece, United Kingdom, Malta, France and Italy
- More that 15 complementary European associated partners: venues, cities, non-governmental organizations and SME's
- 4 flagship pilots across Europe: London, Lugo, Chaves, Epidaurus, Aquae Tauri, Tripolis, Luxembourg City, Valetta