CrossCult integrates innovation in three axes, all facilitated by technology and mobile apps:
Innovation Axis 1 - Extensive knowledge base creation
- Harnessing maturing technologies of knowledge modelling and semantic reasoning.
- Interconnecting common facts (e.g. objects of same style) or crosscutting, transversal concepts (e.g. rituals, folklore, war for resources).
- Making interconnections across unrestricted sets of repositories of digital cultural heritage sources.
Innovation Axis 2 - Open technological platform provision
- Facilitating the creation of interactive experiences for groups and individuals, in one or interconnected venues.
- Integrating recent innovations in cutting edge technology (e.g. virtual reality, micro-augmentations, geolocalization, sporadic social networks).
Innovation Axis 3 - Situational curiosity and serendipitous learning maximization
- Using state-of-the art techniques of content adaptation and personalization.
- Maximizing situational curiosity and serendipitous learning.
- Taking into account cognitive and emotional profiles, as well as group profiles.
- Integrating spatial and miscellaneous features (e.g. calendar events, weather, congestion points in a venue, or popular news in the participants’ social media).